12 Quick Tips For Musicians
1. Practice at least one hour a day. Integrate it into your daily routine like brushing your teeth or working out.
2. Consider to take music lessons. You can learn some new techniques and broaden your horizon.
3. Challenge yourself. Don’t be scared of making mistakes – take a risk!
4. Book shows in different clubs – and even in different cities. And don’t forget to promote your gigs very good!
5. Talk to other bands after the show. It’s all about networking! Don’t just be focused on yourself.
6. Use social media to create meaningful connections. Do not just try to promote yourself in an annoying way.
7. Reply to e-mails – no matter if they come from a random fan or a famous producer.
8. If you have a new idea (a song, a new show, a new concept) , just get up and do it. Many people tend to spend more time talking about the idea, then actually realizing it.
9. Take a critical look at your music from time to time and think about how it can be improved.
10. If you want to head to a new studio, take your time and do some research on the engineers and the equipment that is used. The cheapest studio may not always be the best option.
11. Put a few hours a week into finding 2 people who might help you. You don’t have to do everything on your own. I’m sure there are people who would love to build your new website or to promote your gigs. Don’t be scared of emailing and calling strangers to ask for help!
12. Post videos of your performances on YouTube. Give people a sample of the music you are working on and make them want to experience it live!
by Sara Shirazi